Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Comcast has lost my business forever

Last night, a Comcast CSR confirmed for me that I had an appointment tomorrow (Thursday) from 8-11 a.m. I just called 404-comcast to confirm.

Guess what? Anthony, my CSR last night, entered that I would like an appointment on Thursday from 8-11 a.m. into his notes, but failed to actually set the appointment. So now, CSR Nicolette (second day on the job) tells me that no other appointments are available until November 25.

CSR Nicolette also tells me that the techs who showed up yesterday have entered into the system that they showed up and "missed me." How nice that at Comcast, you can just enter complete and total b.s. into your notes and no one seems to check it. If I were a supervisor, I'd so some occasional quality audits and check up on my techs. It would be pretty easy to figure out that they are lying by looking at how many times I called in yesterday.

So, I told CSR Nicolette that I'm done, but I'd like the following: 1) my order to be cancelled 2) the wires to be removed from my house and yard 3) a reimbursement from Comcast for my missed time at work and 4) an explanation from someone at their company as to why these things keep happening. I asked her if there is a vice president of customer service I could contact. She put me on hold for about three minutes and then came back and said "I don't think we have one." Boy, if that isn't ironic. Anyway, I wished her good luck with her career. Hope she likes abuse.

Also, just for kicks and giggles I'm starting a one-person campaign to get Cobb County to add other cable providers. It's time for the consumers to stop getting kicked around.

1 comment:

Mark Cody said...

I am a Comcast tech. We are check, DAILY to see if we are trying to make contact. If you are not home or, you do not answer your door, what are we suppose to do? Literally, we have to knock on your door and call you. If you don't answer, then we have to call our dispatch. They ask us if we have knocked on your door and called. If we have, then they call you. If you don't answer all of that, then we have a back up: We have to give a detailed description of your home. If you call and ask for the description of your home from the tech who came by and they give you an accurate description, then the responsibility falls on you. We hate to lose your business but, do not blame us for you lack of responsibility. If you set an appointment... keep that appointment! If you get no calls, call us. If they don't no give you an accurate description of your home, cuss us out!